Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A & C - Mixed Media/Course Texture Gel

Good Morning Lovelies. Today I have a layout that documents a friendship that is very dear to me. It is filled with inky goodness and love. 

I started with the background paper. I chose this because of Alan. It reminded me of him. What is funny is he came over one day and saw the start of the layout on my table. He commented on how much he loved "that paper"! I told him, "Good! It's a layout about you!". 

Once the background was chosen, I inked the edges with Distress Ink. ...and then the mixed media fun started: 
I used "Coarse Texture Gel" medium and brushed it on and then misted with Dylusions Spray Ink. Once it was dried, I added the purple with Gelatos.

Once everything was dried, I played with the layout arrangement. Deciding on tags for jounaling, I pulled out two manilla tags and started inking them up with Distress Ink. A little jounaling and metal embellishments, and I was happy with it. 

"Est. May 26, 2012" -That was the night we met. It was at my 10 year reunion. 

Cue more inky madness now: 


The "A" and "C" are manilla letters from Fancy Pants Designs. Using Distress Ink, I inked them up and then stamped the map design that you see. The Flourishes were also stamped. I then inked the edges with Distress Paint. 

The ampersand was just a white, glittery thing.. I stamped the map design on it and inked the edges with Distress Ink and a little bit of Distress Paint. 


The other papers used are scraps from my scrap drawers and a piece of Mesh Ribbon. The two scraps on the right are from all my other New Year's Eve Layouts. The diamond pattern was stenciled on with Multi-Medium and the glittered up! 

I was very happy with how this layout turned out. I enjoyed creating it and thinking about and reliving all the memories I have with my precious friend. 


Until next time, 

Happy Creating! 

XOXO,


1 comment:

  1. Wow, your layout is stunning.
    I love the vibrant colours and the layout.
    Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments